Chairman: To be appointed
Venue: The Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 10 am
E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Appointment of Chairman.
- Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests, personal or personal and prejudicial interests, and significant contact with applicants, objectors or third parties (lobbying), if any.
- Licensing Act 2003 - Application for the review of a premises licence, Kings Arms, 18 Low Street, Haxey.
- Licensing Act 2003 - Interim Steps Review - Kings Arms, 18 Low Street, Haxey.
Any other items which the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillors Clark, Ellerby and P Vickers.
The sub-committee met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
1561 CHAIRMAN – Resolved – That Councillor Clark be and he is hereby appointed chairman for the meeting.
Councillor Clark thereupon took the chair.
1562 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS, PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND SIGNIFICANT CONTACT WITH APPLICANTS, OBJECTORS OR THIRD PARTIES (LOBBYING) - There were no declarations of personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No lobbying was declared.
1563 (24) LICENSING ACT 2003 - APPLICATION FOR THE SUMMARY REVIEW OF A PREMISES LICENCE, KINGS ARMS, LOW STREET, HAXEY - The Director: Operations submitted a report advising members of an application for the summary review of a premises licence at the Kings Arms, Low Street, Haxey.
Details of the application were outlined in the report, together with the application for the summary review of the premises licence.
The Director in his report reminded the sub-committee that the options available to it under the Licensing Act 2003 when considering such applications were:
- To modify the conditions of the licence.
- To exclude a licensable activity from the score of the licence.
- To remove the designated premises supervisor from the licence.
- To suspend the licence for a period not exceeding three months.
- To revoke the licence.
- To take no further action.
The applicant for the review and the legal representative of the proprietors of the Kings Arms addressed the sub-committee and responded to questions.
Following the summary of the case, the meeting was adjourned for deliberation by members and then reconvened when the decision of the sub-committee was stated as follows: –
Resolved - That after careful consideration of all the information contained within the agenda bundle, listening to all the information presented before it at the hearing and taking into account the statutory guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act and the council's Licensing Policy, the sub-committee agreed –
- To take no further action with regard to the summary review of the premises licence at the Kings Arms, 18 Low Street, Haxey, initiated by Humberside Police.
- That the suspension of the premises licence, imposed by the Licensing (Activities) Sub-Committee at its meeting on 18 December 2018, be lifted with immediate effect.