Chairman: – Councillor Robinson
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 6 p.m.
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 8 November 2018 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Public speaking requests, if any.
5. Support for individuals who are or are at threat of being homeless over the winter period
5.1 Discussion and questions with Liz Webster, the council's Group Manager – Environmental Health and Housing
5.2 Next stages, if any.
6. Added Item (if any).
7. Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Robinson in the chair.
Councillors Gosling (Vice-Chair), Clark, Longcake and Swift.
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
91 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) - There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
92 MINUTES - Resolved - That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 8 November 2018, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman.
93 SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE OR WERE AT THREAT OF BEING HOMELESS OVER THE WINTER PERIOD - The Chairman welcomed Liz Webster and James Jellinek to the meeting, the council's Group Manager - Environmental Health and Housing and Housing Advice Team Leader respectively.
The Group Manager and Team Leader had been invited to the meeting to answer member's questions on the following -
- What help was available from the council and local charities to support people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless?
- How does the council intend to promote this support, bearing in mind homeless people could not access traditional communication mediums?
- Whether a rough sleeper count had been undertaken in North Lincolnshire in 2018 and if so, what support had the council offered to those individuals?
- What support was available from the council to those individuals who require emergency accommodation?
The Group Manager delivered a verbal presentation to members, before the Chairman facilitated a discussion on homelessness between the Scrutiny Panel and the Group Manager and Team Leader.
Resolved - (a) That the Group Manager - Environmental Health and Housing and Housing Advice Team Leader be thanked for their attendance, presentation and for answering scrutiny panel members questions, and (b) that council officers be invited to a future meeting to provide a further update.
94 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.