Chairman: Councillor Robinson
Venue: Function Room 1, Civic Centre, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
Time: 6 p.m.
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 17 January 2019 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
4. Public speaking requests, if any.
5. Local Government Finance Settlement 2019/20
5.1 Discussion and questions with Becky McIntyre, Director: Governance and Partnerships.
5.2 Next stages (if any).
6. Added Item (if any).
7. Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Robinson in the chair.
Councillors Gosling (Vice-Chair), Clark, Longcake and Swift.
The panel met at the Civic Centre, Scunthorpe.
99 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) - There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
100 MINUTES - Resolved - That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 17 January 2019, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman.
101 LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE SETLEMENT 2019-20 – The Chairman welcomed Becky McIntyre and Adam Hopley to the meeting, the council's Director: Governance and Partnerships and Financial Planning Accountant respectively. The Chairman explained that the officers had been invited to give an overview of the council's local government finance settlement for 2019-20.
The Director delivered an informative presentation, which covered -
- What funding was available to fund the council’s net revenue budget
- What was set nationally and what was determined locally
- Greater funding for 19/20 than previously expected
- The Comprehensive Spending Review 2019 and how it would determine future funding levels after 2020
- The changes to the local government finance system and how it would affect funding shares
The Director responded to all questions raised during her presentation.
Resolved - (a) That the Director: Governance and Partnerships and Financial Planning Accountant be thanked for their attendance, presentation and for answering scrutiny panel members' questions; (b) that the situation be noted, and (c) that officers be invited to the following meeting to discuss with members the council's budget for 2019-20.
102 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.