Chairman: – Councillor Robinson
Venue: Room FO1e, Church Square House, 30-40 High Street, Scunthorpe
Time: 2.00 p.m.
- Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
- To take the minutes of the meeting of the panel held on 5 July 2019 as a correct record and authorise the chairman to sign.
- Public speaking requests, if any.
- North Lincolnshire Council Financial Support for Town and Parish Councils
5.1 Process and timeline for consideration of the council's discretionary support grant offer for 2019/20
5.2 Consideration of all information presented to the Scrutiny Panel.
5.3 Next steps.
- Added Item (if any).
- Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Robinson in the chair.
Councillors Longcake and O'Sullivan.
The panel met at Church Square House, Scunthorpe.
14 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) - There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
15 MINUTES - Resolved - That the minutes of the proceedings of this panel held on 5 July 2019, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and signed by the chairman.
16 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK - There were no requests received.
17 NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE COUNCIL FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR TOWN AND PARISH COUNCILS - The Chairman led a discussion on the panel's conclusions and recommendations following its review in to the financial support provided to Town and Parish Councils.
The panel debated and agreed its recommendations for inclusion in the report.
Resolved - (a) That the Director: Governance and Partnerships draft a report, reflecting the information obtained during the review, and (b) that the conclusions and recommendations agreed at the meeting be incorporated in to the report.
18 ADDED ITEM - The Chairman informed the members that the added item submitted by Councillor Collinson on the council's overview and scrutiny process would be considered at a future meeting of the panel.