Chairman: – Councillor Mitchell
Venue: Room GO2e, Church Square House, 30-40 High Street, Scunthorpe
Time: – 10am
- Declarations of Personal or Personal and Prejudicial Interest and Declarations of Whipping Arrangements (if any).
- Public Requests to speak (if any).
- Item requested for call-in, in accordance with paragraph 22 of Part D Rule 5 (Overview and Scrutiny Procedure Rules) of the council's constitution.
Minute 1 of the Deputy Leader Cabinet Member meeting held on 4 June 2019 - Approval of Community Grant Fund Applications.
- Any other items which the chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances which must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Mitchell in the chair.
Councillors Evison, and Wilson.
Councillor Hannigan, Deputy Leader, and Wendy Lawtey, Head of Service - Adult Social Care and Assurance were in attendance for agenda item 4 (minute 3 refers).
Councillors Davison and Mumby-Croft attended the meeting in accordance with Procedure Rule 1.37(b).
The panel met at the Church Square House, Scunthorpe.
1 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) - Cllr Hannigan declared a personal interest as a Governor of Engineering UTC Northern Lincolnshire.
No whip was declared.
2 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK - There were no requests received.
3 ITEM REQUESTED FOR CALL-IN IN ACCORDANCE WITH PARAGRAPH 22 OF PART D RULE 5 (OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY PROCEDURE RULES) OF THE COUNCIL'S CONSTITUTION - Minute 1 of the Deputy Leader Cabinet Member meeting held on 4 June 2019 - Approval of Community Grant Fund Applications – The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting, and invited a nominee of the members who had requested the call-in to speak on the above decision and question the Cabinet Member. The nominee outlined areas of concern as reasons for seeking a review of the above decision. Namely -
- That the funding appeared excessive,
- That local consultation had been inadequate, and
- That the decision-making mechanism was unclear.
Following a discussion on the above issues, the Deputy Leader was invited to respond to the concerns and reasons for the decision being called in, and be held to account for the decision taken.
The Head of Service - Adult Social Care and Assurance, who was also in attendance, was invited to comment.
Resolved – That no further action be taken, and the Deputy Leader's decision, Approval of Community Grant Fund Applications, (minute 1 refers) be implemented with immediate effect.