Chairman: Councillor Robinson
Venue: Virtual Meeting Microsoft Teams
Time: 11.30 a.m.
Watch this meeting live
2. Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests and declarations of whipping arrangements (if any).
3. To take the minutes of the meetings held on 9 September 2020 as a correct record and authorise the Chairman to sign.
4. Public Speaking requests, if any.
5. Financial Support During the Pandemic.
6. Added Item, if any.
7. Any other items that the Chairman decides are urgent by reason of special circumstances that must be specified.
PRESENT: – Councillor Robinson in the chair.
Councillors Allcock and O’Sullivan.
This was a Microsoft Teams Virtual Online Meeting.
45 DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS AND PERSONAL OR PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS AND DECLARATIONS OF WHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS (IF ANY) - There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and personal or personal and prejudicial interests.
No whip was declared.
46 MINUTES - Resolved - That the minutes of the proceedings of the meeting held on 9 September 2020, having been printed and circulated amongst the members, be taken as read and correctly recorded and be signed by the Chairman.
47 PUBLIC REQUESTS TO SPEAK - There were no requests received.
48 FINANCIAL SUPPORT DURING THE PANDEMIC - Further to Minute 43, the Chairman welcomed the council’s Director: Business Development and Head of Economy and Growth to the meeting. Mrs Manderson and Mrs Potts had been invited to the meeting to discuss with the panel the financial support that the council had provided during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Director delivered a presentation to the members, assisted by her fellow council officers. The presentation covered -
- The type of businesses in North Lincolnshire
- Business response to the council survey on the impact of the pandemic
- Impact on business of the pandemic
- Future business growth in North Lincolnshire
- Changes to work practices
- Priorities in the Economic Renew Plan
Following the conclusion of the comprehensive presentation, the Chairman facilitated a discussion on the financial support provided to businesses by the council during the pandemic.
Resolved - (a) That the presentation be received with thanks; (b) that the Director: Business Development and Head of Economy and Growth be thanked for their attendance, presentation and for answering members’ questions, and (c) that at the panel’s next meeting the impact of the pandemic on residents be considered.
49 ADDED ITEM – There was no added item for consideration at the meeting.